Index of SOS FAQs to our office

Concealed Pistol Licenses

Police Reports

Dance / Boating permits

Landlord / Tenant issues

Vehicle Accidents

How do I contact a Deputy

Where do I go to apply for a CPL (Concealed Pistol License)?

You go to the Sheriff's Office at 123 5th Avenue North, Grainger Administration Bldg., 2nd Floor, Okanogan

How much does a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) cost?

The fees are as follows:

Original CPL w/ fingerprints $55.25
CPL Renewal $32.00
CPL Late Renewal $42.00

If the CPL has been expired for ninety days or more your application will be considered an original. All fees are governed by the State of Washington RCW 9.41.070

How do I request police reports maintained by the Sheriff's Office?

You can contact the records department of the Okanogan County Sheriff's Office, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM to make a request for public records. A case incident or report number is always helpful. RCW 42.17 governs the disclosure of public records. We can be reached at 422-7200 Extension 7770, or via fax 422-7217, or via e-mail

Can jail photos be disclosed to the public?

No, per RCW 70.48.100 booking photos are considered confidential.

Where do I get a dance permit?

Dance permits are issued by the Sheriff of Okanogan County, for areas in the county outside of incorporated cities or towns. You shall apply for a dance permit not less than 24 hours or more than 90 days prior to the date of the dance. Security for your event must be provided.

Why do I need a boating permit?

A boating permit is needed for regattas, motorboat or other boat races, or other similar events in Okanogan County. A permit shall be applied for at least 10 days in advance of the date of the event. Each permit application shall be accompanied by a fee of $25.00, a hold harmless agreement, a performance bond of not less than $5,000.00 and proof of liability insurance for $1,000,000.00.

How do I evict my tenant?

The Sheriff's Office cannot provide legal advice. We have copies of the Landlord / Tenant Laws available in our lobby. You can also get them from the website of the Attorney General's website

What are my rights as a Landlord / Tenant?

We have copies of the Landlord / Tenant Laws available in the lobby. You can also get them from the website of the Attorney General's website

How do I report an accident that did not require law enforcement response and or reporting?

You would report your accident on a Civilian Accident Report. These reports can be found at your local police department, State Patrol officer or in the lobby at the Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff Frank Rogers


E-mail comments to our webmaster
If you have an emergency or need a deputy to respond, call 911
To file a report over the phone, call the Dispatch Center, (509) 422-7232.
Other business call (509) 422-7200 to be directed to the correct location.
Okanogan County Sheriff's Office
123 5th Ave
Okanogan WA, 98840